The Loudoun Douglass Alumni Association (LDAA) held its annual picnic on Saturday, July 9. During this day full of fun and fellowship, the organization honored the Class of 1961 and presented each member with a plaque commemorating their 50 years.
Recipients of the Loudoun Douglass Alumni Scholarships were announced as well. This year the LDAA gave 16 scholarships in total, eight from the organization, one from the Class of 1961, one from Sheila Bryant Coates, one from Walter Maxwell Bryant, two from Anne Daye and three from Joseph Peterson.
- Albani Childs – Virginia Commonwealth University
- Jazmine Crabbe-Harris – University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Bronson Criales – ITT Tech
- Bryan Crittenton II – Johnson and Wells University
- Joseph Daye – Fork Union Military Academy
- Amber Evans – Northern Virginia Community College
- Johnnaca Greene – Virginia Union University
- Charnele Hearns – Norfolk State University
- Teyon Hearns – Tidewater Community College
- RaShawnda Howard – J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Desmin Hughes – Johnson C. Smith University
- Brittany Nelson – Old Dominion University
- India Payne – George Mason University
- Aaron Scott – American Career Institute
- Paloma Simms – Auburn University
- Brittany Thomas – Virginia State University
Be the first to post a comment!