A moment of silence
Gov. Bob McDonnell joined Gov. Dan Malloy of Connecticut in calling for a statewide moment of silence at 9:30 a.m this morning, the one week anniversary of the Sandy Hook school massacre that left 28 dead in Newtown, Conn.
The governor invited the public to join him at the Capitol Square Bell Tower. The bell rang out 26 times to honor the students and teachers killed in the shooting.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: Fumblerooski on Metro
- The cost of Facebook: Loudoun economic development dept. spends $20K per year on social media site
- Wegmeyers, Fabbioli partner to produce first sparkling strawberry wine
- GOP gubernatorial hopefuls play nice at first debate
- Loudoun duo hopes to inspire a love of the arts among young people
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.