A moment of silence
Gov. Bob McDonnell joined Gov. Dan Malloy of Connecticut in calling for a statewide moment of silence at 9:30 a.m this morning, the one week anniversary of the Sandy Hook school massacre that left 28 dead in Newtown, Conn.
The governor invited the public to join him at the Capitol Square Bell Tower. The bell rang out 26 times to honor the students and teachers killed in the shooting.
Be the first to post a comment!
- MORE: Team Mathias unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- State jobless rate falls to 5.3 percent in October
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey