A moment of silence
Gov. Bob McDonnell joined Gov. Dan Malloy of Connecticut in calling for a statewide moment of silence at 9:30 a.m this morning, the one week anniversary of the Sandy Hook school massacre that left 28 dead in Newtown, Conn.
The governor invited the public to join him at the Capitol Square Bell Tower. The bell rang out 26 times to honor the students and teachers killed in the shooting.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Memo to Loudoun’s supervisors: Learning is OK
- UPDATE: Historic Ashburn Colored School vandalized with crude images
- Middleburg Community Charter School bounces back after controversy
- Loudoun Interfaith Relief changes its name, celebrates 25 years of serving county’s hungry
- Chick-fil-A opens in South Riding
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.