Aldie Citizens Group plan town hall meeting for Oct. 10
The Aldie Citizens Association has planned a town hall meeting for Oct. 10, where topics including transportation, the fire station and the future locations of an elementary or middle school on Braddock Road will be discussed.
The meeting will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Aldie Elementary auditorium, 23269 Meetinghouse Lane.
The key topics for discuss will include:
• The Tri County Parkway, a six- lane limited access highway that follows Northstar Boulevard in Stone Ridge, and redesign of Gilbert’s Corner
• The new location of the Aldie Fire Station
• Aldie Elementary’s future and proposed new middle or elementary school on Braddock Road
Speakers and guests will include Loudoun Board of Supervisors Vice Chairman Janet Clarke (R-Blue Ridge), Jill Turgeon, vice chairman of the Loudoun County School Board, Blue Ridge District, James Rich of the Commonwealth Transportation Board’s Culpeper District and Jim Zeller, Loudoun County preliminary engineering manager for the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Small breakouts on three key issues will be followed by a question and answer discussion.
No RSVP necessary. Light refreshments will be served.
The town hall meeting will be sponsored by the Aldie Heritage Association and the Aldie Elementary PTA.
Be the first to post a comment!
- The numbers game: New study shows Loudoun homes do, on average, earn their keep
- Protests against Sterling’s Calvary Temple heat up
- MORE: The Confederate statue at Loudoun’s courthouse: Should it stay or go?
- Crisis Intervention Team expands to better address psychiatric emergencies
- In Loudoun, rural economy grows differently