Arrest made after high speed chase and search in Lowes Island
An unidentified man is in custody after law enforcement from Loudoun and Fairfax counties conducted an aerial and ground search following a high speed chase and auto crash in Lowes Island.
While details pertaining to the initiation of the crash have not been released yet, officers from Fairfax County pursued a car into Loudoun County the morning of March 10. The driver lost control of his vehicle at around 6:30 a.m. and crashed near the intersection of Hardwood Forest Drive and Algonkian Parkway.
He fled the scene of foot leading to a massive search of the area. He was loose in the area for several hours before being taken into custody back in Herndon.
- Middleburg’s Salamander goes to the bees
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.