Arrest made in CountrySide bank robbery
A Reston man was taken into custody March 4 for allegedly taking part in the February robbery of the Bank of America at Regal Plaza.
Ted Morris, 21, of Reston, is being held without bond at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.
The robbery occurred shortly after 11 a.m. on Feb. 14. A teller at the Bank of America branch was handed a note by a man implying he had a weapon. The note also demanded cash and the bank robber fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money.
According to a prepared statement from the Sheriff’s Office, the suspect was identified with the assistance of “numerous tips from the public.”
Morris was taken into custody with help from the FBI’s Washington Field Office and the Fairfax County Police Department.
The investigation into the bank robbery is still ongoing. Anyone with information has been asked to contact the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office at 703-777-0475.
Read past coverage here.
Be the first to post a comment!
- EDITORIAL: Our decision to not endorse candidates in 2015—and likely the years ahead
- Leesburg sees 37 percent increase in crime in first half of year
- Virginia voices react to final Clean Power Plan rules
- Loudoun Workforce Resource Center offers workshops and events
- UPDATE: Man found dead after Luck Stone quarry accident in Loudoun
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.