Arrest made in CountrySide bank robbery
A Reston man was taken into custody March 4 for allegedly taking part in the February robbery of the Bank of America at Regal Plaza.
Ted Morris, 21, of Reston, is being held without bond at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.
The robbery occurred shortly after 11 a.m. on Feb. 14. A teller at the Bank of America branch was handed a note by a man implying he had a weapon. The note also demanded cash and the bank robber fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money.
According to a prepared statement from the Sheriff’s Office, the suspect was identified with the assistance of “numerous tips from the public.”
Morris was taken into custody with help from the FBI’s Washington Field Office and the Fairfax County Police Department.
The investigation into the bank robbery is still ongoing. Anyone with information has been asked to contact the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office at 703-777-0475.
Read past coverage here.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Heroin and opioid deaths outnumbered highway fatalities in Va. in 2014
- 5 things to know about Loudoun’s newest winery: 50 West Vineyards
- Loudoun slave cemetery dedication marks journey to healing for Lansdowne group
- A treasure trove for bargains benefiting Inova Loudoun Hospital
- Village at Leesburg fire displaces employees, residents
|Hi 76°||Hi 64°|
|Lo 50°||Lo 46°|
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.