Ashburn girl named top volunteer
A 17-year-old senior at Broad Run High School, Klein worked with a friend to produce a YouTube video and orchestrate a social media campaign to raise money to combat childhood cancer. Motivated by a girl she babysat that was diagnosed with cancer, Klein traveled the east coast interviewing cancer patients and their parents. Klein's efforts helped raise $112,000.
For her service, Klein will be awarded $1,000, an engraved medallion and an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C., where she will participate in four days of national recognition activities.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at email@example.com.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Ashburn man who murdered estranged wife receives life sentence
- Report: State salaries to lag private sector by 27 percent
- Pacific Boulevard extension opens as Ashbun man waits for eminent domain trial
- EXCLUSIVE: LCPS officials recommended Dominion teacher for new job after ‘alleged incident’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.