Ashburn girl named top volunteer
A 17-year-old senior at Broad Run High School, Klein worked with a friend to produce a YouTube video and orchestrate a social media campaign to raise money to combat childhood cancer. Motivated by a girl she babysat that was diagnosed with cancer, Klein traveled the east coast interviewing cancer patients and their parents. Klein's efforts helped raise $112,000.
For her service, Klein will be awarded $1,000, an engraved medallion and an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C., where she will participate in four days of national recognition activities.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at email@example.com.
- EDITORIAL: Fumblerooski on Metro
- The cost of Facebook: Loudoun economic development dept. spends $20K per year on social media site
- Wegmeyers, Fabbioli partner to produce first sparkling strawberry wine
- GOP gubernatorial hopefuls play nice at first debate
- Loudoun duo hopes to inspire a love of the arts among young people
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.