Ashburn girl named top volunteer
A 17-year-old senior at Broad Run High School, Klein worked with a friend to produce a YouTube video and orchestrate a social media campaign to raise money to combat childhood cancer. Motivated by a girl she babysat that was diagnosed with cancer, Klein traveled the east coast interviewing cancer patients and their parents. Klein's efforts helped raise $112,000.
For her service, Klein will be awarded $1,000, an engraved medallion and an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C., where she will participate in four days of national recognition activities.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two charged with attempted murder in Lansdowne
- MORE: Virginia Senate committee defeats gun control proposals
- Preschool and kindergarten school teaches arts early in new building
- Competition for in-state admission remains stiff at Va. universities
- Brambleton rezonings pass Loudoun board; new houses and $35M in improvements coming