Ashburn girl named top volunteer
A 17-year-old senior at Broad Run High School, Klein worked with a friend to produce a YouTube video and orchestrate a social media campaign to raise money to combat childhood cancer. Motivated by a girl she babysat that was diagnosed with cancer, Klein traveled the east coast interviewing cancer patients and their parents. Klein's efforts helped raise $112,000.
For her service, Klein will be awarded $1,000, an engraved medallion and an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C., where she will participate in four days of national recognition activities.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- MORE: Loudoun School Board adopts $1 billion budget
- Police investigating sexual assault at NOVA Loudoun campus
- FCi Federal awarded $415 million contract
- Leesburg’s Morven Park discusses renovation plans over pints
- House of Delegates committee kills two full-day kindergarten bills from Loudoun lawmakers