Ashburn man charged after fleeing traffic checkpoint
An Ashburn man was arrested Thursday after authorities said he fled a traffic checkpoint at the intersection of Broadlands Boulevard and the Dulles Greenway.
Terrence G. Bowser, 40, is charged with felony DUI, felony eluding and driving on a revoked license. He is being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Bowser, according to Sheriff’s Office reports, told deputies at the 10:30 a.m. checkpoint that he had no driver’s license. When deputies asked him to pull to the side of the road, he sped away.
Deputies pursued Bowser to Duck Creek Square, where he got out his car and ran, reports said.
He was later taken into custody near an apartment building.
- Prince William chairman says Bi-County Parkway project dead
- Budget overview: Supervisors set to finalize fiscal 2016 spending plan Wednesday
- Two Loudoun high schools getting turf fields; Potomac Falls community cries out for attention
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff