Ashburn man charged after fleeing traffic checkpoint
An Ashburn man was arrested Thursday after authorities said he fled a traffic checkpoint at the intersection of Broadlands Boulevard and the Dulles Greenway.
Terrence G. Bowser, 40, is charged with felony DUI, felony eluding and driving on a revoked license. He is being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Bowser, according to Sheriff’s Office reports, told deputies at the 10:30 a.m. checkpoint that he had no driver’s license. When deputies asked him to pull to the side of the road, he sped away.
Deputies pursued Bowser to Duck Creek Square, where he got out his car and ran, reports said.
He was later taken into custody near an apartment building.
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale