Ashburn man charged with using a computer to solicit minors
An Ashburn man was charged Jan. 24 with one count of use of a computer to solicit a child less than 18 years old.
In December, a detective with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Unit began investigating allegations that Lazaro Hernandez, 49, was sending inappropriate messages to an underage female. The detective, who is assigned to the NOVA/DC Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, then posed as an underage female online during communications with Hernandez. Hernandez arranged to meet the underage female at a Leesburg hotel for sexual activity. Police met Hernandez at the hotel, where he was arrested.
An investigation of Hernandez is ongoing to determine if more charges will be levied. Hernandez is currently being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Virginia State Police asked to investigate Calvary Temple
- Bluemont, Zephaniah Farm vineyards the stars at first-ever Loudoun Wine Awards
- IndED Academies offers alternative homeschool education
- Holocaust history training for Loudoun teachers emphasizes making the right choices
- Minor traffic crash leads to arrest in Purcellville
Thundery outbreaks in nearby
|Hi 92°||Hi 83°|
|Lo 67°||Lo 64°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.