Ashburn man charged with using a computer to solicit minors
An Ashburn man was charged Jan. 24 with one count of use of a computer to solicit a child less than 18 years old.
In December, a detective with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Unit began investigating allegations that Lazaro Hernandez, 49, was sending inappropriate messages to an underage female. The detective, who is assigned to the NOVA/DC Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, then posed as an underage female online during communications with Hernandez. Hernandez arranged to meet the underage female at a Leesburg hotel for sexual activity. Police met Hernandez at the hotel, where he was arrested.
An investigation of Hernandez is ongoing to determine if more charges will be levied. Hernandez is currently being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Micro and farm breweries poised to boom in Loudoun
- EDITORIAL: A Thanksgiving party to grow hops, not houses
- Men used sledgehammer to smash counter at Dulles jewelry store; high-priced watches stolen
- Gov. McAuliffe says Virginia economy ‘perilous’
- New minimum wage legislation faces tough road in 2015