Ashburn man charged with using a computer to solicit minors
An Ashburn man was charged Jan. 24 with one count of use of a computer to solicit a child less than 18 years old.
In December, a detective with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Unit began investigating allegations that Lazaro Hernandez, 49, was sending inappropriate messages to an underage female. The detective, who is assigned to the NOVA/DC Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, then posed as an underage female online during communications with Hernandez. Hernandez arranged to meet the underage female at a Leesburg hotel for sexual activity. Police met Hernandez at the hotel, where he was arrested.
An investigation of Hernandez is ongoing to determine if more charges will be levied. Hernandez is currently being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives
- Citizen of the Year: Scott York leaves his fingerprints on county’s present and future
- Field hockey first sport in Loudoun to reap benefit of changed athletics policy