Ashburn man charged with using a computer to solicit minors
An Ashburn man was charged Jan. 24 with one count of use of a computer to solicit a child less than 18 years old.
In December, a detective with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Unit began investigating allegations that Lazaro Hernandez, 49, was sending inappropriate messages to an underage female. The detective, who is assigned to the NOVA/DC Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, then posed as an underage female online during communications with Hernandez. Hernandez arranged to meet the underage female at a Leesburg hotel for sexual activity. Police met Hernandez at the hotel, where he was arrested.
An investigation of Hernandez is ongoing to determine if more charges will be levied. Hernandez is currently being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: The long view on Short Hill
- Northern Va. man charged with manslaughter for 2015 Leesburg stabbing
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Signal outage at Routes 7 and 659 in June
- Testimony: Castillo was seen in estranged wife’s Ashburn home the night of her death
- ‘Play Ball’ in Purcellville: Cannons’ home opener June 3