Ashburn man pleads guilty in child pornography case
An Ashburn man scheduled to stand trial today in Loudoun County Circuit Court gave an Alford plea to 14 counts of possession of child pornography.
By giving an Alford plea, Jeffery Brian Lee, 50, pleaded guilty without actually admitting guilt.
As part of the plea agreement, 18 charges of possession of child pornography were dismissed against Lee, according to Loudoun County Circuit Court records.
Lee’s trial was expected to take three days to complete. He faces sentencing at 1 p.m. April 12 before Judge Burke McCahill.
Authorities arrested Lee in October 2011 after an ongoing investigation by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Sex Crimes Unit and federal authorities.
Law enforcement searched his home on Sept. 27 in the 21600 block of Stillbrook Farm Drive in the Broadlands community.
At the time of Lee’s arrest, authorities revealed little details about what led them to the Ashburn home or how much computer software was seized from the residence.
This is a developing story. Check back to Loudountimes.com for more information as it becomes available.
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child
- Hillsboro man drives truck off Leesburg Parking Garage
- Farm brewery still a go in Lucketts—but without Flying Dog