Ashby Ponds honors veteran residents, celebrates Veterans Day
With 175 veterans among their residents, Ashby Ponds retirement community held their Veterans Day ceremony Nov. 12.
Those 175 veterans make up almost 25 percent of the community’s population and they represent a cumulative 1,886 years of service in all branches of the military.
The Ashby Ponds Veterans Day program was highlighted by guest speaker Lt. Gen. John Bruen, U.S. Army (Ret.), who served during both the Vietnam War and the Korean War, and worked his way up to the rank of Lieutenant General in 1983. Gen. Bruen spoke of the tremendous commitment required of the spouses and families of servicemen and servicewomen, recalling that he and his family moved 23 times in 29 years while he served in the U.S. Army.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn dog to strut her stuff at Westminster Dog Show
- Redskins-themed restaurant and sports bar to open in One Loudoun
- Allder School Road in Purcellville closed for three weeks
- School leaders present options to ease overcrowding at Mercer Middle School
- WEATHER ALERT: Winter Advisory issued for Friday evening; icy conditions likely