Ashby Ponds honors veteran residents, celebrates Veterans Day
With 175 veterans among their residents, Ashby Ponds retirement community held their Veterans Day ceremony Nov. 12.
Those 175 veterans make up almost 25 percent of the community’s population and they represent a cumulative 1,886 years of service in all branches of the military.
The Ashby Ponds Veterans Day program was highlighted by guest speaker Lt. Gen. John Bruen, U.S. Army (Ret.), who served during both the Vietnam War and the Korean War, and worked his way up to the rank of Lieutenant General in 1983. Gen. Bruen spoke of the tremendous commitment required of the spouses and families of servicemen and servicewomen, recalling that he and his family moved 23 times in 29 years while he served in the U.S. Army.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Trump praises the CIA, bristles over inaugural crowd counts on first full day in office
- Loudoun County supervisors defer One Loudoun’s park and ride proposal
- Two dead after Sunday morning crash in Loudoun County
- MORE: Scenes from the Women’s March on Washington
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.