Best Buddies Bike Fundraiser Finishes in Leesburg
Audi will partner with Best Buddies to host a cycling fundraiser this Saturday that will end its 50 and 100-mile routes in Morven Park.
The challenge will be attended by Audi of America President Scott Keogh, actress Lauren Potter (Glee) and three Olympic medalists – Carl Lewis, Gary Hall, Jr. and his father, Gary Hall Sr.
The Audi Best Buddies Challenge supports Best Buddies International, a nonprofit that tries to create opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The 100-mile route will start at 7:15 a.m. in Washington, D.C., going north along MacArthur Boulevard into Montgomery County and crossing the Potomac into Loudoun at Point of Rocks.
The 50-mile route will start at 7:30 a.m. and follow the Washington & Old Dominion Trail through Virginia to Loudoun.
The fundraiser also features a competition in Morven Park for athletes with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Organizers expect 2,500 to attend.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Scenes from the Women’s March on Washington
- Republicans quickly kill Virginia transgender bathroom bill
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office releases surveillance video of suspect in Purcellville burglary
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office seeks information about Friday-morning crash in Sterling
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.