Book launch at Inova Hospital
Inova Loudoun Hospital in Leesburg hosted a book launch party Dec. 13. The children’s book “Beamer Visits the Emergency Room” is planned to become a series that aims to help children feel less afraid of hospitals and doctors.
Author Cindy Chambers modeled the characters after the medical director of Inova Loudoun’s emergency department, Dr. Edward Puccio, called “Dr. Poochio” in the book, and her nephew Kyle Mitchell, who owns Beamer in the book. All three attended the launch party.
At the party, twin sisters Haley and Nikki Granata, who both have Down Syndrome and have been hospitalized 13 times, took a liking to Beamer. They were nervous at first but spending time with Beamer got them to relax, their mother Julie said.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Ashburn man who murdered estranged wife receives life sentence
- Report: State salaries to lag private sector by 27 percent
- Pacific Boulevard extension opens as Ashbun man waits for eminent domain trial
- EXCLUSIVE: LCPS officials recommended Dominion teacher for new job after ‘alleged incident’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.