Book launch at Inova Hospital
Inova Loudoun Hospital in Leesburg hosted a book launch party Dec. 13. The children’s book “Beamer Visits the Emergency Room” is planned to become a series that aims to help children feel less afraid of hospitals and doctors.
Author Cindy Chambers modeled the characters after the medical director of Inova Loudoun’s emergency department, Dr. Edward Puccio, called “Dr. Poochio” in the book, and her nephew Kyle Mitchell, who owns Beamer in the book. All three attended the launch party.
At the party, twin sisters Haley and Nikki Granata, who both have Down Syndrome and have been hospitalized 13 times, took a liking to Beamer. They were nervous at first but spending time with Beamer got them to relax, their mother Julie said.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- 10th District town hall goes on without Rep. Comstock
- Leesburg attorney challenging waitress’ claim of racist message on receipt
- Loudoun supervisors approve Lidl-anchored commercial development in Broadlands
- Lawmakers say new state budget is bad news for Loudoun County judiciary
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.