Border protection officers arrest wanted sex offender at Dulles Airport
Cristiano Genovese, of Palm Springs, Calif., arrived on a flight from Istanbul, Turkey. CBP officers determined Genovese to be subject to a warrant of arrest out of the State of California for a parole violation and failure to register as a sex offender. The officers verified the validity of the warrant and confirmed extradition.
Genovese was arrested by CBP and turned over to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police for further processing and extradition.
“The United States is a welcoming nation,” said Christopher Hess CBP port director for the Port of Washington in a prepared statement. “And CBP is committed to facilitating legitimate travel; however we stand ever vigilant in identifying those travelers that our laws identify as needing further scrutiny.”
Be the first to post a comment!
- Salamander hopes to rezone roads for homes in Middleburg
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget
- McAuliffe orders alcohol agents retrained after U-Va. arrest
- Loudoun deputies ask public for information about alleged Calvary Temple sexual assault