Border protection officers arrest wanted sex offender at Dulles Airport
Cristiano Genovese, of Palm Springs, Calif., arrived on a flight from Istanbul, Turkey. CBP officers determined Genovese to be subject to a warrant of arrest out of the State of California for a parole violation and failure to register as a sex offender. The officers verified the validity of the warrant and confirmed extradition.
Genovese was arrested by CBP and turned over to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police for further processing and extradition.
“The United States is a welcoming nation,” said Christopher Hess CBP port director for the Port of Washington in a prepared statement. “And CBP is committed to facilitating legitimate travel; however we stand ever vigilant in identifying those travelers that our laws identify as needing further scrutiny.”
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Redskins Park renamed in partnership with Inova Hospital
- Loudoun County Fire and Rescue awarded $2 million grant
- A Volunteer’s Venture: Loudoun’s Kannan Srinivasan at the Democratic National Committee
- Loudoun deputies investigating gang-related, underage prostitution ring
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect