Chimney fire displaces Sterling residents
A Sterling townhome sustained $50,000 in damage Jan. 21 after a fire started in a chimney and spread to its roof.
Firefighters from Cascades, Sterling Park, Lansdowne and Fairfax County responded to the 8:30 a.m. blaze at 290 Chelmsford Court, according to Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
All of the occupants of the home had self-evacuated before fire and rescue crews arrived on scene. They are now staying locally with friends.
No injuries were reported.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within 20 minutes of arriving on scene, according to reports.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- Economist: Proposed Trump budget could cost northern Virginia up to 10,000 jobs
- Loudoun County superintendent treading familiar ground with Dominion High School case
- Man dies following Route 15 crash near Leesburg
- Sheriff’s Office investigating reported sexual assaults in Lowes Island-Cascades area
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.