Chimney fire displaces Sterling residents
A Sterling townhome sustained $50,000 in damage Jan. 21 after a fire started in a chimney and spread to its roof.
Firefighters from Cascades, Sterling Park, Lansdowne and Fairfax County responded to the 8:30 a.m. blaze at 290 Chelmsford Court, according to Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
All of the occupants of the home had self-evacuated before fire and rescue crews arrived on scene. They are now staying locally with friends.
No injuries were reported.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within 20 minutes of arriving on scene, according to reports.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Trump praises the CIA, bristles over inaugural crowd counts on first full day in office
- Loudoun County supervisors defer One Loudoun’s park and ride proposal
- Two dead after Sunday morning crash in Loudoun County
- MORE: Scenes from the Women’s March on Washington
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.