Chimney fire displaces Sterling residents
A Sterling townhome sustained $50,000 in damage Jan. 21 after a fire started in a chimney and spread to its roof.
Firefighters from Cascades, Sterling Park, Lansdowne and Fairfax County responded to the 8:30 a.m. blaze at 290 Chelmsford Court, according to Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
All of the occupants of the home had self-evacuated before fire and rescue crews arrived on scene. They are now staying locally with friends.
No injuries were reported.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within 20 minutes of arriving on scene, according to reports.
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’
- VIDEO: Quarry blast in Sterling damages homes, cars; injures one