Chimney fire displaces Sterling residents
A Sterling townhome sustained $50,000 in damage Jan. 21 after a fire started in a chimney and spread to its roof.
Firefighters from Cascades, Sterling Park, Lansdowne and Fairfax County responded to the 8:30 a.m. blaze at 290 Chelmsford Court, according to Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
All of the occupants of the home had self-evacuated before fire and rescue crews arrived on scene. They are now staying locally with friends.
No injuries were reported.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within 20 minutes of arriving on scene, according to reports.
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget