Commercial Sterling building sustains $45,000 in damage in fire
Fire and rescue crews from from South Riding, Arcola, Moorefield, Dulles Airport, Sterling Park and Ashburn responded about 10 a.m. for a reported commercial structure fire on the 43000 block of Beaver Meadow Road.
Crews arrived on scene to find a single story, unoccupied commercial building with significant fire showing and multiple vehicles involved. The scene was further complicated by the presence of live power lines, structural instability and the potential for hazardous materials contained within the structure, according to Mary L. Maquire, spokesperson for Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
No injuries were reported.
Initially units working on the scene maintained a safe distance and worked aggressively from defensive positions. Once power was secured and a majority of the structure had collapsed, crews were able to move in to overhaul the area and ensure the fire was extinguished.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the incident, including what started the fire.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Planning Commission warns supervisors of ‘unsolicited’ changes to applications after its review
- With growing student needs in Loudoun, school nurses provide essential care
- Round Hill man charged with DUI, hit and run following Sunday night incident
- Loudoun supervisors, School Board discuss Comprehensive Plan strategies
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.