Commercial Sterling building sustains $45,000 in damage in fire
Fire and rescue crews from from South Riding, Arcola, Moorefield, Dulles Airport, Sterling Park and Ashburn responded about 10 a.m. for a reported commercial structure fire on the 43000 block of Beaver Meadow Road.
Crews arrived on scene to find a single story, unoccupied commercial building with significant fire showing and multiple vehicles involved. The scene was further complicated by the presence of live power lines, structural instability and the potential for hazardous materials contained within the structure, according to Mary L. Maquire, spokesperson for Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
No injuries were reported.
Initially units working on the scene maintained a safe distance and worked aggressively from defensive positions. Once power was secured and a majority of the structure had collapsed, crews were able to move in to overhaul the area and ensure the fire was extinguished.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the incident, including what started the fire.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal
- West End Wine Bar and Pub to open in Purcellville