Death of Leesburg woman still under investigation
The suspicious death of a 20-year-old Mexican national woman found dead in her Leesburg apartment Oct. 26 is still under investigation, according to Leesburg Police officials.
Izamar Carmona-Pacheco was found dead shortly after 12:40 a.m. in the bedroom of her apartment in The Fields of Leesburg.
Officers responded to the apartment in the 800 block of Edward’s Ferry Road after members of Carmona-Pacheco’s family contacted them, concerned they were unable to make contact with her for several days.
Master Police Officer Christopher Tidmore recently told the Times-Mirror that detectives are still waiting on reports from the Virginia Medical Examiner’s Office and toxicology reports to determine how Carmona-Pacheco died.
According to neighbors interviewed at the scene by the Times-Mirror after her death, police were seen carrying carpet and other evidence out of the apartment.
Talk in the community at the time was that someone heard several women screaming in the apartment in the late hours of the night.
Police at the time of Carmona-Pacheco’s death said the incident was isolated and there was no threat to the public.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Virginia lawmakers express concerns over proposed EPA rules
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’
- Eastern District collects $24 million in debts in fiscal 2014
- Mathias and his team unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- ‘This is My Brave’: Community responds to growing suicide, depression rates