Death of Leesburg woman still under investigation
The suspicious death of a 20-year-old Mexican national woman found dead in her Leesburg apartment Oct. 26 is still under investigation, according to Leesburg Police officials.
Izamar Carmona-Pacheco was found dead shortly after 12:40 a.m. in the bedroom of her apartment in The Fields of Leesburg.
Officers responded to the apartment in the 800 block of Edward’s Ferry Road after members of Carmona-Pacheco’s family contacted them, concerned they were unable to make contact with her for several days.
Master Police Officer Christopher Tidmore recently told the Times-Mirror that detectives are still waiting on reports from the Virginia Medical Examiner’s Office and toxicology reports to determine how Carmona-Pacheco died.
According to neighbors interviewed at the scene by the Times-Mirror after her death, police were seen carrying carpet and other evidence out of the apartment.
Talk in the community at the time was that someone heard several women screaming in the apartment in the late hours of the night.
Police at the time of Carmona-Pacheco’s death said the incident was isolated and there was no threat to the public.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Residential helipad passes planning, on to the full board
- MORE: McAuliffe proposes changes to Virginia state budget
- Loudoun Wine: ‘We get up with the sun and live and die by the weather’
- Native Run: Home in Leesburg for the holidays
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools