UPDATE: Driver struck 15-year-old and fled scene
The teen was struck by the vehicle about 4:15 p.m. at the intersection of Claiborne Parkway and Portsmouth Boulevard near Stone Bridge High School. The boy was attempting to cross Claiborne Parkway from the Portsmouth Boulevard side to the Breezyhill Drive side when he was hit. The car was making a right turn from Portsmouth Boulevard onto Claiborne Parkway and struck the teen within the crosswalk.
Afterward, the driver stopped a short distance from the scene and remained in the car. The driver reportedly spoke with some bystanders before leaving, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
The teen was taken to a local emergency room by a family member where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
After a plea for the public's help, Mills said Feb. 18 that deputies had identified the driver. So far, no charges have been filed against the driver.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Uptick seen in Loudoun housing market
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools
- EDITORIAL: Common safety, common sense in the commonwealth
- Unseen crime: 85% of arrests, details about investigations go unreported in Loudoun and Leesburg
- Loudoun County Parkway completion sparks local Republican rift