UPDATE: Driver struck 15-year-old and fled scene
The teen was struck by the vehicle about 4:15 p.m. at the intersection of Claiborne Parkway and Portsmouth Boulevard near Stone Bridge High School. The boy was attempting to cross Claiborne Parkway from the Portsmouth Boulevard side to the Breezyhill Drive side when he was hit. The car was making a right turn from Portsmouth Boulevard onto Claiborne Parkway and struck the teen within the crosswalk.
Afterward, the driver stopped a short distance from the scene and remained in the car. The driver reportedly spoke with some bystanders before leaving, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
The teen was taken to a local emergency room by a family member where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
After a plea for the public's help, Mills said Feb. 18 that deputies had identified the driver. So far, no charges have been filed against the driver.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Brewer’s reinstatement comes with an inconvenient truth
- Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office makes five drunken driving arrests over the weekend
- Comstock thanked for repealing Obamacare in TV ad blunder
- State issues drought watch for Loudoun, northern Virginia following dry months
- Gillespie wins Fairfax straw poll in GOP governor’s race
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.