Dulles Greenway owners request toll increase
The owners of the Dulles Greenway, Toll Road Investors Partnership (TRIP) II, on Nov. 14 filed a request with the State Corporation Commission for a 3.5 percent toll increase to be implemented in January 2013.
TRIP II’s application falls in line with the maximum rate hike allowed.
“Accordingly, as further discussed below, TRIP II requests a 3.54 percent increase in tolls, which equates to an increase in tolls for 2-axle vehicles of $0.14, which we call the ‘Maximum Base Toll Authorized,’” the application states.
During peak hours, from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. for eastbound traffic and 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for westbound traffic on weekdays, Dulles Greenway tolls would hit approximately $4.90 at the main toll plaza of Route 606 and Loudoun County Parkway.
During non-peak hours, the main plaza toll will be slightly less, though still more than $4.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office seeks information on missing Ashburn teens
- Federal authorities raid Landsdowne home
- MORE: Supervisor Meyer considering rules change to limit resolutions and proclamations
- ‘Western Loudoun Preserved:’ New book celebrates area cuisine
- Loudoun businesses pushing back against Muslim center’s expansion plans