Dulles Greenway owners request toll increase
The owners of the Dulles Greenway, Toll Road Investors Partnership (TRIP) II, on Nov. 14 filed a request with the State Corporation Commission for a 3.5 percent toll increase to be implemented in January 2013.
TRIP II’s application falls in line with the maximum rate hike allowed.
“Accordingly, as further discussed below, TRIP II requests a 3.54 percent increase in tolls, which equates to an increase in tolls for 2-axle vehicles of $0.14, which we call the ‘Maximum Base Toll Authorized,’” the application states.
During peak hours, from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. for eastbound traffic and 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for westbound traffic on weekdays, Dulles Greenway tolls would hit approximately $4.90 at the main toll plaza of Route 606 and Loudoun County Parkway.
During non-peak hours, the main plaza toll will be slightly less, though still more than $4.
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale