Elderly Lovettsville woman dies in Route 9 crash
A 90-year-old Lovettsville woman died Tuesday in a three-vehicle crash on Route 9.
A Virginia State Police spokesperson said Jean Ballantyne Gearhardt died almost two hours after the 5 p.m. crash at Inova Loudoun’s Cornwall campus in Leesburg.
Gearhardt, according to the spokesperson, was driving a 2003 Mercury Sable west on Route 9 about four-tenths of a mile near Route 704 when she crossed the center line into oncoming traffic and struck two GMC Sierras.
The driver of one vehicle was not injured. The second driver and a passenger were treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The crash is under investigation by Trooper C.L. Martin.
Gearhardt, the spokesperson said, was wearing a seatbelt.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- ‘Fill-the-Boot’ campaign kicks off Tuesday in Loudoun County
- Patrick Henry College students, alumni plans protest during Mike Pence visit
- Construction continues, VDOT sues as Ashburn man holds on to his home
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.