Elderly Lovettsville woman dies in Route 9 crash
A 90-year-old Lovettsville woman died Tuesday in a three-vehicle crash on Route 9.
A Virginia State Police spokesperson said Jean Ballantyne Gearhardt died almost two hours after the 5 p.m. crash at Inova Loudoun’s Cornwall campus in Leesburg.
Gearhardt, according to the spokesperson, was driving a 2003 Mercury Sable west on Route 9 about four-tenths of a mile near Route 704 when she crossed the center line into oncoming traffic and struck two GMC Sierras.
The driver of one vehicle was not injured. The second driver and a passenger were treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The crash is under investigation by Trooper C.L. Martin.
Gearhardt, the spokesperson said, was wearing a seatbelt.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce honors businesses at annual awards
- Attempt to repeal abortion ultrasound law fails in Virginia Senate
- Cycle Scene opens state-of-the-art Studio in Ashburn
- Where it stands: Loudoun County Courts Complex expansion
- UPDATE: Loudoun School Board approves budget worth $1.3 million more than initial proposal