Elderly Lovettsville woman dies in Route 9 crash
A 90-year-old Lovettsville woman died Tuesday in a three-vehicle crash on Route 9.
A Virginia State Police spokesperson said Jean Ballantyne Gearhardt died almost two hours after the 5 p.m. crash at Inova Loudoun’s Cornwall campus in Leesburg.
Gearhardt, according to the spokesperson, was driving a 2003 Mercury Sable west on Route 9 about four-tenths of a mile near Route 704 when she crossed the center line into oncoming traffic and struck two GMC Sierras.
The driver of one vehicle was not injured. The second driver and a passenger were treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The crash is under investigation by Trooper C.L. Martin.
Gearhardt, the spokesperson said, was wearing a seatbelt.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Man who firebombed Loudoun Corrections building arrested on federal charges
- Leesburg Police searching for truck involved in July 29 hit and run
- No strike, but no contract at Verizon
- Chantilly man found with arsenal to prepare for ‘zombie apocalypse’ sentenced to 23 years
- Purcellville man struck by vehicle during traffic stop
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.