Elderly Lovettsville woman dies in Route 9 crash
A 90-year-old Lovettsville woman died Tuesday in a three-vehicle crash on Route 9.
A Virginia State Police spokesperson said Jean Ballantyne Gearhardt died almost two hours after the 5 p.m. crash at Inova Loudoun’s Cornwall campus in Leesburg.
Gearhardt, according to the spokesperson, was driving a 2003 Mercury Sable west on Route 9 about four-tenths of a mile near Route 704 when she crossed the center line into oncoming traffic and struck two GMC Sierras.
The driver of one vehicle was not injured. The second driver and a passenger were treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The crash is under investigation by Trooper C.L. Martin.
Gearhardt, the spokesperson said, was wearing a seatbelt.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two teenage boys arrested for Leesburg Sunoco robberies
- Loudoun officials hail Route 7-Belmont Ridge interchange groundbreaking
- MORE: Reynolds files $500K defamation suit against King; Loudoun GOP nominee calls claim ‘baseless’
- Heroin and opioid deaths outnumbered highway fatalities in Va. in 2014
- 5 things to know about Loudoun’s newest winery: 50 West Vineyards
|Hi 78°||Hi 68°|
|Lo 51°||Lo 44°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.