Elderly woman struck by vehicle in Purcellville
An elderly Purcellville woman was injured Thursday after she was struck by a vehicle.
The woman, 83, was attempting to cross the street at East Main and 20th street about 5:29 p.m. when she was hit, according to Purcellville Police Chief Daryl Smith.
The woman was not using a crosswalk, he said.
“She was wearing dark clothes and the driver didn’t see her,” Smith said.
The woman was airlifted from the scene to Inova Fairfax Hospital with serious, but non life-threatening injuries.
Smith said an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the call.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Loudoun supervisors delay decision amending county’s noise standards
- Process, growth at heart of Leesburg Town Council debate
- Hero driver saves 32 kids from smoking Loudoun school bus
- Supervisors approve major rezoning at long-stalled Lexington 7 property
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.