Elderly woman struck by vehicle in Purcellville
An elderly Purcellville woman was injured Thursday after she was struck by a vehicle.
The woman, 83, was attempting to cross the street at East Main and 20th street about 5:29 p.m. when she was hit, according to Purcellville Police Chief Daryl Smith.
The woman was not using a crosswalk, he said.
“She was wearing dark clothes and the driver didn’t see her,” Smith said.
The woman was airlifted from the scene to Inova Fairfax Hospital with serious, but non life-threatening injuries.
Smith said an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the call.
- Middleburg’s Salamander goes to the bees
- MORE: Judge rules Va. can remove Confederate flag from license plates
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.