Elderly woman struck by vehicle in Purcellville
An elderly Purcellville woman was injured Thursday after she was struck by a vehicle.
The woman, 83, was attempting to cross the street at East Main and 20th street about 5:29 p.m. when she was hit, according to Purcellville Police Chief Daryl Smith.
The woman was not using a crosswalk, he said.
“She was wearing dark clothes and the driver didn’t see her,” Smith said.
The woman was airlifted from the scene to Inova Fairfax Hospital with serious, but non life-threatening injuries.
Smith said an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the call.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives investigate alleged brothel in South Riding
- Ashburn woman charged in gas station armed robbery
- Loudoun man with history of computer fraud sentenced for stealing $227K from his mother
- New ownership at Lovettsville’s Mad Horse taps into community support
- Middleburg businesses cope with ‘Middleburg prices’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.