Final hazardous waste collection Nov. 17
Loudoun County’s Department of Construction and Waste management will host its final household hazardous waste collection of 2012 on Nov. 17, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Heritage High School, 520 Evergreen Mill Road in Leesburg.
Items included for pickup include fluorescent bulbs, household batteries, oil-based paints, paint thinners, metal polishes, wood preservatives, pesticides and insecticides and old fuels. A full list of items can be found at loudoun.gov/hhw.
Motor oil, antifreeze, lead-acid batteries and propane tanks won’t be accepted at the household waste collection event Nov. 17, but can be disposed of year-round at the county’s solid waste management facility, located at 21101 Evergreen Mills Road in Leesburg.
Electronics also aren’t accepted at household waste collection sessions, but recycling options for those items can be found at loudoun.gov/electronics.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Middleburg’s Salamander goes to the bees
- MORE: Judge rules Va. can remove Confederate flag from license plates
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.