Final hazardous waste collection Nov. 17
Loudoun County’s Department of Construction and Waste management will host its final household hazardous waste collection of 2012 on Nov. 17, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Heritage High School, 520 Evergreen Mill Road in Leesburg.
Items included for pickup include fluorescent bulbs, household batteries, oil-based paints, paint thinners, metal polishes, wood preservatives, pesticides and insecticides and old fuels. A full list of items can be found at loudoun.gov/hhw.
Motor oil, antifreeze, lead-acid batteries and propane tanks won’t be accepted at the household waste collection event Nov. 17, but can be disposed of year-round at the county’s solid waste management facility, located at 21101 Evergreen Mills Road in Leesburg.
Electronics also aren’t accepted at household waste collection sessions, but recycling options for those items can be found at loudoun.gov/electronics.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Epicurience festival arrives in D.C. Wine Country Labor Day weekend
- List of journalists killed on duty in U.S. and Canada since 1976
- The future of Loudoun: A look at the developing Silver Line hub in Ashburn
- Units from Loudoun, MWAA and Fairfax knock down South Riding fire
- Sterling man on mini-bike hits car, person
|Hi 89°||Hi 91°|
|Lo 67°||Lo 66°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.