Firefighters team up for Toys for Tots campaign
The Loudoun County Fire-Rescue System and the Loudoun Career Fire Fighters Association are participating in the 65th annual Toys for Tots Campaign, sponsored by the U.S. Stated Marine Corps Reserve.
“The department is proud to once again participate in this wonderful program,” Fire Chief W. Keith Brower Jr. said in a statement. “Your generosity will help put smiles on the faces of sick or needy children this holiday season.”
In 2010, Marines distributed toys to more than 7.2 million children. During the local 2011 Toys for Tots Campaign, roughly 7,000 toys were collected by Loudoun County alone.
From Nov. 23 to Dec. 18 Loudoun Fire and Rescue stations across the county will be accepting donations of new, unwrapped toys. Toys resembling weapons or toys that could potentially be used as a weapon (i.e. guns, knives, swords, etc.) will not be accepted. To make a monetary donation online, visit http://www.toysfortots.org/donate/default.asp .
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Sources: Gov. Mike Pence, Trump’s VP pick, to appear in Loudoun County Saturday
- Comprehensive plan stakeholders committee tour Loudoun as they get to work on new plan
- ‘Moms 4 Trump’ display anger, vitriol toward Clinton in Loudoun County
- Voting rights restored again for 13K felons in Virginia
- Coton and Rye tavern to open at Lansdowne Resort and Spa this fall
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.