Firefighters team up for Toys for Tots campaign
The Loudoun County Fire-Rescue System and the Loudoun Career Fire Fighters Association are participating in the 65th annual Toys for Tots Campaign, sponsored by the U.S. Stated Marine Corps Reserve.
“The department is proud to once again participate in this wonderful program,” Fire Chief W. Keith Brower Jr. said in a statement. “Your generosity will help put smiles on the faces of sick or needy children this holiday season.”
In 2010, Marines distributed toys to more than 7.2 million children. During the local 2011 Toys for Tots Campaign, roughly 7,000 toys were collected by Loudoun County alone.
From Nov. 23 to Dec. 18 Loudoun Fire and Rescue stations across the county will be accepting donations of new, unwrapped toys. Toys resembling weapons or toys that could potentially be used as a weapon (i.e. guns, knives, swords, etc.) will not be accepted. To make a monetary donation online, visit http://www.toysfortots.org/donate/default.asp .
Be the first to post a comment!
- Ken Cuccinelli settles lawsuit against conservative PAC
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives
- Citizen of the Year: Scott York leaves his fingerprints on county’s present and future