First Friday food drive at Lola Cookies & Treats
For First Friday Dec. 7, town officials are asking everyone who is participating to bring a can of food for the needy.
As a reward, participants will be given a free cookie from Lola Cookies & Treats.
Loudoun Interfaith Relief will be collecting donations of non-perishable food outside the award-winning bakery at 109 South King St. from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday. Donors will receive a ticket for a free cookie of their choice — a gingerbread man, for instance, or a holiday-themed sugar cookie.
Foods on Loudoun Interfaith’s wish list include hearty soups and canned fruits, vegetables, and meats.
Besides cookies, Lola’s will also be serving hot cocoa and holiday-themed cupcakes with flavors such as Gingerbread and Chocolate Peppermint.
More information about Lola Cookies & Treats is available at lolacookies.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Leesburg gas station robbed of cigarettes, cash
- Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce president receives statewide award
- Loudoun County Sheriff deputies honored for handling of suicide attempt
- Briar Woods alum talks about World Cup experience
- Loudoun County officials: State law dictates Confederate statue must stay