General Assembly honors Pumphrey
State Del. Randy Minchew (R-10th) presented members of Leesburg’s Pumphrey family with a General Assembly resolution “Celebrating the life of John William Pumphrey Jr.” Dec. 3.
“Mr. Pumphrey was admired and respected throughout his long life and served on the Leesburg Town council, the Leesburg Volunteer Fire Department, as well as serving thousands of Leesburg and Loudoun County residents as the owner of jock’s Exxon in Leesburg,” Minchew said in an email.
Pumphrey, known as “Jock” throughout the Town of Leesburg, passed away Aug. 25, 2011.
The resolution was patroned by Minchew, Del. Joe May (R-33rd) and state Sen. Mark Herring (D-33rd).
Minchew said he took great joy in “honoring Jock through both houses of the General Assembly.”
“Jock’s life of service and citizenship has been an inspiration to all of us and he will not be forgotten,” Minchew said.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Aldie student one of 12 in the world to ace the AP Calculus exam
- Ashburn dog to strut her stuff at Westminster Dog Show
- Redskins-themed restaurant and sports bar to open in One Loudoun
- Allder School Road in Purcellville closed for three weeks
- School leaders present options to ease overcrowding at Mercer Middle School