Glenowen Farm wins environmental award
Glenowen Farm in Round Hill was recently named a regional Environmental Stewardship Award Program winner during the 2012 Cattle Industry Summer Conference in Denver.
The farm, owned by the Thomas family, will now compete against six other regional winners for the national Environmental Stewardship Award Program honor which will be announced during the 2013 Cattle Industry Convention and Trade Show in Tampa.
The farm was honored because of its commitment to sustainability throughout the last 10 years, which includes the installation of a new water system to comply with the Chesapeake Bay Act and the construction of new electric fences to bring about effective rotational grazing strategies. For more information on the award and Glenowen Farm, visit environmentalstewardship.org/regioni-glenowenfarm.aspx.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two charged with attempted murder in Lansdowne
- MORE: Virginia Senate committee defeats gun control proposals
- Preschool and kindergarten school teaches arts early in new building
- Competition for in-state admission remains stiff at Va. universities
- Brambleton rezonings pass Loudoun board; new houses and $35M in improvements coming