Glenowen Farm wins environmental award
Glenowen Farm in Round Hill was recently named a regional Environmental Stewardship Award Program winner during the 2012 Cattle Industry Summer Conference in Denver.
The farm, owned by the Thomas family, will now compete against six other regional winners for the national Environmental Stewardship Award Program honor which will be announced during the 2013 Cattle Industry Convention and Trade Show in Tampa.
The farm was honored because of its commitment to sustainability throughout the last 10 years, which includes the installation of a new water system to comply with the Chesapeake Bay Act and the construction of new electric fences to bring about effective rotational grazing strategies. For more information on the award and Glenowen Farm, visit environmentalstewardship.org/regioni-glenowenfarm.aspx.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Brewer’s reinstatement comes with an inconvenient truth
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office K9 takes down Sterling woman
- The alleged ‘Incognito Bandit’ bank robber arrested at Dulles Airport
- Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office makes five drunken driving arrests over the weekend
- Comstock thanked for repealing Obamacare in TV ad blunder
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.