Hamilton man guilty of cruelty to animals
A Hamilton man was found guilty Nov. 28 in Loudoun County General District Court for killing his pet duck.
Donald Bieler, 25, was sentenced to 120 days in jail with 60 days suspended in addition to payment of $250 in restitution to the Department of Animal Services on the charge of cruelty to animals.
The death of the duck was reported to Loudoun County Animal Services by the duck’s owner on Sept. 22. Animal Services investigated the incident and a necropsy was performed on the deceased duck. It was determined that the duck sustained a broken neck inflicted by Bieler.
The Loudoun County Department of Animal Services is at 39820 Charles Town Pike, Waterford, VA 20197. Animal Services can be reached seven days a week by calling 703-777-0406. More information about the department is available online at http://www.loudoun.gov/animals
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- MORE: Va. lawmakers approve budget with state pay raises
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom
- Growing Islamophobia a concern for ADAMS Center in Sterling
- The beat goes on: Fund our schools, Loudoun education advocates plead