Hamilton man guilty of cruelty to animals
A Hamilton man was found guilty Nov. 28 in Loudoun County General District Court for killing his pet duck.
Donald Bieler, 25, was sentenced to 120 days in jail with 60 days suspended in addition to payment of $250 in restitution to the Department of Animal Services on the charge of cruelty to animals.
The death of the duck was reported to Loudoun County Animal Services by the duck’s owner on Sept. 22. Animal Services investigated the incident and a necropsy was performed on the deceased duck. It was determined that the duck sustained a broken neck inflicted by Bieler.
The Loudoun County Department of Animal Services is at 39820 Charles Town Pike, Waterford, VA 20197. Animal Services can be reached seven days a week by calling 703-777-0406. More information about the department is available online at http://www.loudoun.gov/animals.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- Economist: Proposed Trump budget could cost northern Virginia up to 10,000 jobs
- Loudoun County superintendent treading familiar ground with Dominion High School case
- Man dies following Route 15 crash near Leesburg
- Sheriff’s Office investigating reported sexual assaults in Lowes Island-Cascades area
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.