Hamilton man guilty of cruelty to animals
A Hamilton man was found guilty Nov. 28 in Loudoun County General District Court for killing his pet duck.
Donald Bieler, 25, was sentenced to 120 days in jail with 60 days suspended in addition to payment of $250 in restitution to the Department of Animal Services on the charge of cruelty to animals.
The death of the duck was reported to Loudoun County Animal Services by the duck’s owner on Sept. 22. Animal Services investigated the incident and a necropsy was performed on the deceased duck. It was determined that the duck sustained a broken neck inflicted by Bieler.
The Loudoun County Department of Animal Services is at 39820 Charles Town Pike, Waterford, VA 20197. Animal Services can be reached seven days a week by calling 703-777-0406. More information about the department is available online at http://www.loudoun.gov/animals
- Virginia students make gains on revised math SOL tests
- Bridging the gap: NOVA expansion could mean more opportunity for Loudoun businesses
- A church with class: Virginia Academy
- EXCLUSIVE: Del. Rust to propose Virginia Health Care Independence Act during Medicaid session
- Tackling the stereotypes: one of Loudoun’s female footballers