HS-6 fast-track plans get Supervisors’ vote
The Board of Supervisors voted 8-0 to speed up HS-6 at Loudoun Valley Estates II in Ashburn, removing most of the obstacles to allow the school to open in 2014.
The resolution asks Board of Supervisors staff to expedite paperwork and procedures on the high school’s construction so it can open in time for the 2014-2015 school year.
The move is designed to help with overcrowding at Briar Woods High School, which is estimated to be 512 students over its current enrollment by the 2014-2015 school year.
$90,240,000 was approved by the Board of Supervisors for construction of the school in July, according to the motion.
The project might actually save Loudoun money based on expected yearly cost increases.
The resolution was prompted by a School Board resolution at its Nov. 27 meeting asking the Board of Supervisors to fast-track HS-6 to open in 2014.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: The long view on Short Hill
- Northern Va. man charged with manslaughter for 2015 Leesburg stabbing
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Signal outage at Routes 7 and 659 in June
- Testimony: Castillo was seen in estranged wife’s Ashburn home the night of her death
- ‘Play Ball’ in Purcellville: Cannons’ home opener June 3