Inova implements restrictions as flu plagues the region
Inova Hospitals are instituting visitation restrictions in response to an influenza infection that’s plaguing the region.
The measures, hospital officials said, are designed to protect patients, visitors and staff from exposure to the flu. These restrictions are in effect system wide at all Inova hospital inpatient units.
· No visitors under the age of 18
· No visitors with any symptoms of influenza-like illness
· Two blocks of visiting hours – from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
· Visitors will be limited to two persons
· Visitors may be issued masks or other protective clothing for use when visiting
· For Women’s and Children’s Units as well as Adult Critical Care and Oncology patients additional measures may apply.
· Patient care companions are exempt
“These temporary measures will help protect against influenza infection of the most vulnerable among us, including inpatients with compromised immune systems as well as our caregivers,” said Dr. Loring Flint, Inova’s chief medical officer in a prepared statement. “We appreciate everyone’s consideration and cooperation as, together, we work to assure the health and safety of our community during this challenging flu season.”
For more information on Inova flu vaccination clinics, visit:
Be the first to post a comment!
- After a change of hands, the National Conference Center celebrates renewed vision
- Leesburg gas station robbed of cigarettes, cash
- Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce president receives statewide award
- Loudoun County Sheriff deputies honored for handling of suicide attempt
- Briar Woods alum talks about World Cup experience