James A. Bland Scholarship contest
The winners of the contest at the club level move on to the Region III competition March 3 in Fairfax. The contest continues through the district and state levels. First and second place winners at the club level receive $75 and $50 savings bonds respectively; state winners can receive up to $2,500 in scholarship money.
The James A. Bland Music Scholarship Competition was established in 1948 by the Virginia Lions Club to honor James Bland, the author of Virginia's former state song, "Carry Me Back to Ole Virginny." The program seeks to assist and promote opportunities for the musically talented youth of Virginia.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Three arrested and charged in early-Thursday Ashburn burglaries
- Hamilton Town Councilman Dimitri Kesari found guilty in second federal corruption trial
- ‘Endless possibilities’ the theme of Loudoun County economic summit