James A. Bland Scholarship contest
The winners of the contest at the club level move on to the Region III competition March 3 in Fairfax. The contest continues through the district and state levels. First and second place winners at the club level receive $75 and $50 savings bonds respectively; state winners can receive up to $2,500 in scholarship money.
The James A. Bland Music Scholarship Competition was established in 1948 by the Virginia Lions Club to honor James Bland, the author of Virginia's former state song, "Carry Me Back to Ole Virginny." The program seeks to assist and promote opportunities for the musically talented youth of Virginia.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale