James A. Bland Scholarship contest
The winners of the contest at the club level move on to the Region III competition March 3 in Fairfax. The contest continues through the district and state levels. First and second place winners at the club level receive $75 and $50 savings bonds respectively; state winners can receive up to $2,500 in scholarship money.
The James A. Bland Music Scholarship Competition was established in 1948 by the Virginia Lions Club to honor James Bland, the author of Virginia's former state song, "Carry Me Back to Ole Virginny." The program seeks to assist and promote opportunities for the musically talented youth of Virginia.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- MORE: Va. lawmakers approve budget with state pay raises
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom
- Growing Islamophobia a concern for ADAMS Center in Sterling
- The beat goes on: Fund our schools, Loudoun education advocates plead