James A. Bland Scholarship contest
The winners of the contest at the club level move on to the Region III competition March 3 in Fairfax. The contest continues through the district and state levels. First and second place winners at the club level receive $75 and $50 savings bonds respectively; state winners can receive up to $2,500 in scholarship money.
The James A. Bland Music Scholarship Competition was established in 1948 by the Virginia Lions Club to honor James Bland, the author of Virginia's former state song, "Carry Me Back to Ole Virginny." The program seeks to assist and promote opportunities for the musically talented youth of Virginia.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun could play role in DC’s Olympic bid
- Leesburg Police responded to more than 4,600 calls for service in July
- Comstock, Foust take 10th District debate stage Wednesday
- Partisanship an issue at Warner-Gillespie forum
- Sterling man charged in fatal drunk driving case among 49 indicted by grand jury