Broad Run driver’s ed teacher charged with being drunk in public
A Loudoun County Public School teacher was charged with drunk in public after he was found intoxicated at an Ashburn school today.
Michael L. Hitzges, 47, of Ashburn, was charged after a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officer was notified by Broad Run High School personnel that a teacher was in school and was possibly under the influence of alcohol.
Hitzges is a driver’s education instructor and an athletic coach for Loudoun County Public Schools and has been at Broad Run High School since 2004.
Hitzges remains held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
- Man who firebombed Loudoun Corrections building arrested on federal charges
- Leesburg Police searching for truck involved in July 29 hit and run
- No strike, no contract at Verizon
- Chantilly man found with arsenal to prepare for ‘zombie apocalypse’ sentenced to 23 years
- Purcellville man struck by vehicle during traffic stop
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.