Broad Run driver’s ed teacher charged with being drunk in public
A Loudoun County Public School teacher was charged with drunk in public after he was found intoxicated at an Ashburn school today.
Michael L. Hitzges, 47, of Ashburn, was charged after a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officer was notified by Broad Run High School personnel that a teacher was in school and was possibly under the influence of alcohol.
Hitzges is a driver’s education instructor and an athletic coach for Loudoun County Public Schools and has been at Broad Run High School since 2004.
Hitzges remains held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
- Trump shanks it: Sponsors flee, PGA faces boycott after remarks
- Loudoun Schools fight hunger through summer meal program
- Purcellville mono pole signals start of needed broadband expansion
- Pat Cassidy steps down as Broad Run baseball coach to watch home team
- Loudoun deputy injured while breaking up Sterling party