Broad Run driver’s ed teacher charged with being drunk in public
A Loudoun County Public School teacher was charged with drunk in public after he was found intoxicated at an Ashburn school today.
Michael L. Hitzges, 47, of Ashburn, was charged after a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officer was notified by Broad Run High School personnel that a teacher was in school and was possibly under the influence of alcohol.
Hitzges is a driver’s education instructor and an athletic coach for Loudoun County Public Schools and has been at Broad Run High School since 2004.
Hitzges remains held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
- Great night to be a Viking: Valley wins three Conference 28 championships
- Group focuses on ‘Building the new Northern Virginia economy’
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child