Broad Run driver’s ed teacher charged with being drunk in public
A Loudoun County Public School teacher was charged with drunk in public after he was found intoxicated at an Ashburn school today.
Michael L. Hitzges, 47, of Ashburn, was charged after a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officer was notified by Broad Run High School personnel that a teacher was in school and was possibly under the influence of alcohol.
Hitzges is a driver’s education instructor and an athletic coach for Loudoun County Public Schools and has been at Broad Run High School since 2004.
Hitzges remains held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
- As Purcellville awaits final report, outrage grows over youth’s shooting
- EDITORIAL: It’s what we don’t know that can hurt us
- Gerald Rubin and Janelia Farm the focus at Chamber luncheon
- The English Beat: A three-decade long punk-reggae party
- Loudoun Valley High School ex-head football coach files grievance