Broad Run driver’s ed teacher charged with being drunk in public
A Loudoun County Public School teacher was charged with drunk in public after he was found intoxicated at an Ashburn school today.
Michael L. Hitzges, 47, of Ashburn, was charged after a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officer was notified by Broad Run High School personnel that a teacher was in school and was possibly under the influence of alcohol.
Hitzges is a driver’s education instructor and an athletic coach for Loudoun County Public Schools and has been at Broad Run High School since 2004.
Hitzges remains held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
- Sen. Kaine: U.S. strategy in Syria ‘a joke’
- Purcellville experiencing town-wide power outage
- Expansion of apprenticeships in Virginia raises question: What’s an apprenticeship?
- Fall 5Ks in Loudoun to raise funds for local causes
- Lovettsville Historical Society Lecture to discuss newly discovered musical instruments
|Hi 64°||Hi 73°|
|Lo 44°||Lo 46°|
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.