Leesburg baker makes record-breaking cupcake
Lola debuted the Nutella Cupcake Jan. 3 after a local firefighter asked for a treat with the well-liked chocolate hazelnut spread. However, the seasonal cupcake will leave the shelves of the store Feb. 23.
The flavor ends its first stint as Lola's best-selling seasonal flavor in the bakery's six and a half year history. It has also outsold Lola's Red Velvet Cupcake – the bakery's most popular year-round flavor, and it is the store's first gluten-free flavor to outsell all other flavors.
“They’ll be back in 2014, don’t worry,” said owner Lorraine Hooper, who’s also known as Lola. “I’m sure our customers will have withdrawal symptoms; I know I will. Some customers have told me they dream about these cupcakes at night. But absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
Lola's next round of seasonal cupcakes include Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day and gluten-free Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Visit the bakery at 109 South King St. or online at lolacookies.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition