Leesburg baker makes record-breaking cupcake
Lola debuted the Nutella Cupcake Jan. 3 after a local firefighter asked for a treat with the well-liked chocolate hazelnut spread. However, the seasonal cupcake will leave the shelves of the store Feb. 23.
The flavor ends its first stint as Lola's best-selling seasonal flavor in the bakery's six and a half year history. It has also outsold Lola's Red Velvet Cupcake – the bakery's most popular year-round flavor, and it is the store's first gluten-free flavor to outsell all other flavors.
“They’ll be back in 2014, don’t worry,” said owner Lorraine Hooper, who’s also known as Lola. “I’m sure our customers will have withdrawal symptoms; I know I will. Some customers have told me they dream about these cupcakes at night. But absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
Lola's next round of seasonal cupcakes include Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day and gluten-free Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Visit the bakery at 109 South King St. or online at lolacookies.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Hamilton Town Councilman Dimitri Kesari found guilty in second federal corruption trial
- ‘Endless possibilities’ the theme of Loudoun County economic summit
- Bob Klancher, community advocate and planning commissioner, dies at 57