Leesburg bicyclist seriously injured in hit and run crash
John M. Washington, 56, was riding his bicycle on Ashburn Village Boulevard near the intersection of Gala Circle at about 9:48 a.m. when he was hit, according to the Virginia Sate Police.
Witnesses and physical evidence left at the scene directed a trooper, with the help of the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, to the driver's place of employment in Leesburg.
Shayne W. Miller-Westfield, 22, of Ashburn, was taken into custody without incident. Miller-Westfield was charged with reckless driving and felony hit and run.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at email@example.com.
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- Leesburg attorney challenging waitress’ claim of racist message on receipt
- Loudoun supervisors approve Lidl-anchored commercial development in Broadlands
- Lawmakers say new state budget is bad news for Loudoun County judiciary
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office charges Maryland man in connection with rural burglaries
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.