Leesburg bicyclist seriously injured in hit and run crash
John M. Washington, 56, was riding his bicycle on Ashburn Village Boulevard near the intersection of Gala Circle at about 9:48 a.m. when he was hit, according to the Virginia Sate Police.
Witnesses and physical evidence left at the scene directed a trooper, with the help of the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, to the driver's place of employment in Leesburg.
Shayne W. Miller-Westfield, 22, of Ashburn, was taken into custody without incident. Miller-Westfield was charged with reckless driving and felony hit and run.
- Beaverdam Creek Reservoir to temporarily reopen June 1
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal