Leesburg bicyclist seriously injured in hit and run crash
John M. Washington, 56, was riding his bicycle on Ashburn Village Boulevard near the intersection of Gala Circle at about 9:48 a.m. when he was hit, according to the Virginia Sate Police.
Witnesses and physical evidence left at the scene directed a trooper, with the help of the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, to the driver's place of employment in Leesburg.
Shayne W. Miller-Westfield, 22, of Ashburn, was taken into custody without incident. Miller-Westfield was charged with reckless driving and felony hit and run.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- ‘Fill-the-Boot’ campaign kicks off Tuesday in Loudoun County
- Patrick Henry College students, alumni plans protest during Mike Pence visit
- Construction continues, VDOT sues as Ashburn man holds on to his home
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.