Leesburg cancels Halloween parade
The Leesburg Kiwanis has canceled its annual Halloween parade due to Hurricane Sandy.
“The town felt they would be unable to provide the manpower they need for helping with the parade and deal with the aftermath of this storm,” said Sven Johnson of Leesburg Kiwanis.
Johnson said this is the first time in 56 years Kiwanis has had to cancel the parade.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Middleburg’s Salamander goes to the bees
- MORE: Judge rules Va. can remove Confederate flag from license plates
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.