Leesburg cancels Halloween parade
The Leesburg Kiwanis has canceled its annual Halloween parade due to Hurricane Sandy.
“The town felt they would be unable to provide the manpower they need for helping with the parade and deal with the aftermath of this storm,” said Sven Johnson of Leesburg Kiwanis.
Johnson said this is the first time in 56 years Kiwanis has had to cancel the parade.
Be the first to post a comment!
- State lawmakers sign letter to ATF opposing proposed ammo ban
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse