Leesburg cancels Halloween parade
The Leesburg Kiwanis has canceled its annual Halloween parade due to Hurricane Sandy.
“The town felt they would be unable to provide the manpower they need for helping with the parade and deal with the aftermath of this storm,” said Sven Johnson of Leesburg Kiwanis.
Johnson said this is the first time in 56 years Kiwanis has had to cancel the parade.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- And now, Philadelphia: Northern Va. Democrats ready to nominate Clinton-Kaine ticket
- Virginia court nixes order restoring felons’ voting rights
- Young Loudoun entrepreneurs get a chance to start their own businesses
- Virginia senator and former governor Tim Kaine to be Clinton’s running mate
- Supervisors approve draft-scope of work for nonprofit needs assessment