Leesburg hires new HR Manager
Town of Leesburg officials announced Nov. 27 that Karen Dilley has been hired as the Town’s new Human Resources Manager. Dilley will fill the position left vacant by the retirement of current Human Resources Director Nancy Fixx. She will start with the Town Dec. 3.
Dilley has ten years of Human Resources experience in a variety of industries, including local government, manufacturing and the non-profit sector. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Michigan and a master’s degree in Labor Relations and Human Resources from Michigan State University. A native of Michigan, Dilley moved to Northern Virginia in late 2010. She resides in Ashburn with her husband and two children.
In her new position, Dilley will oversee the Town’s Human Resources office, including staff recruitment and hiring, benefits administration and personnel evaluations. Three projects Dilley will be responsible for implementing are a new online employment application process, a complete review and update of the Town’s Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual, and an update of the Employee Evaluation Program.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale