Leeburg woman arrested in murder of husband
A Leesburg woman is in custody and charged with first degree murder in the death of her husband.
Leesburg police officers responded to a home at the 1600 block of Chickasaw Place NW in Leesburg at approximately 6:05 a.m. on Saturday, March 2. Police officers discovered 63-year-old Kyung Hwang of Leesburg dead in an upstairs bedroom.
The victim's wife is in custody at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center pending potential bond. Dae Hwang, 57, has been charged with first-degree murder.
The cause of death is under investigation pending an autopsy. The Leesburg Police Department Criminal Investigations Section and the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office Crime Scene Unit continue to investigate Hwang's death.
According to a release by Lt. Jeff Dube, public information officer with the Leesburg Police Department, the death appears to be an "isolated domestic-related incident."
More information will be released as it becomes available.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget
- McAuliffe orders alcohol agents retrained after U-Va. arrest
- Loudoun deputies ask public for information about alleged Calvary Temple sexual assault
- Suspension rates, achievement gap high for Loudoun’s minority students