Leeburg woman arrested in murder of husband
A Leesburg woman is in custody and charged with first degree murder in the death of her husband.
Leesburg police officers responded to a home at the 1600 block of Chickasaw Place NW in Leesburg at approximately 6:05 a.m. on Saturday, March 2. Police officers discovered 63-year-old Kyung Hwang of Leesburg dead in an upstairs bedroom.
The victim's wife is in custody at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center pending potential bond. Dae Hwang, 57, has been charged with first-degree murder.
The cause of death is under investigation pending an autopsy. The Leesburg Police Department Criminal Investigations Section and the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office Crime Scene Unit continue to investigate Hwang's death.
According to a release by Lt. Jeff Dube, public information officer with the Leesburg Police Department, the death appears to be an "isolated domestic-related incident."
More information will be released as it becomes available.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Rep. Comstock at odds with Trump’s federal hiring freeze
- Parallels emerge between national election and Virginia governor’s race
- Reston man arrested on DUI, firearm charges
- Loudoun County Republicans condemn Women’s March, say organized by ‘radical leftists’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.