Leesburg man injured after gun accidentally fires
A Leesburg man was injured New Year’s Day when his firearm accidentally fired.
The man, 46, was demonstrating the weapon to a relative about 1:24 p.m. inside a home in the 13500 block of Village Green Drive when the firearm discharged, shooting him in the hand, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
The man was taken to the Lansdowne campus of Inova Loudoun Hospital for treatment.
- Leesburg Police responded to more than 4,600 calls for service in July
- Comstock, Foust take 10th District debate stage Wednesday
- Partisanship an issue at Warner-Gillespie forum
- Sterling man charged in fatal drunk driving case among 49 indicted by grand jury
- UPDATE: Leesburg town attorney confirmed as 20th Circuit Court judge