Leesburg man injured after gun accidentally fires
A Leesburg man was injured New Year’s Day when his firearm accidentally fired.
The man, 46, was demonstrating the weapon to a relative about 1:24 p.m. inside a home in the 13500 block of Village Green Drive when the firearm discharged, shooting him in the hand, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
The man was taken to the Lansdowne campus of Inova Loudoun Hospital for treatment.
- Image Matters maps the world from Leesburg
- Uptick seen in Loudoun housing market
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools
- EDITORIAL: Common safety, common sense in the commonwealth
- Unseen crime: 85% of arrests, details about investigations go unreported in Loudoun and Leesburg