Leesburg man injured after gun accidentally fires
A Leesburg man was injured New Year’s Day when his firearm accidentally fired.
The man, 46, was demonstrating the weapon to a relative about 1:24 p.m. inside a home in the 13500 block of Village Green Drive when the firearm discharged, shooting him in the hand, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
The man was taken to the Lansdowne campus of Inova Loudoun Hospital for treatment.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Closed meeting for ‘open’ discussion brings shame on Leesburg Council
- TSA sees spike in number of guns at Washington-area airport checkpoints in 2016
- IN PHOTOS: MLK Day parade in Leesburg
- Marchers brave cold, rain for MLK event in D.C.
- Leesburg man found guilty of second-degree murder for 2016 stabbing
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.