Leesburg man injured in attempted strong armed robbery
The Leesburg Police Department is seeking the public’s help in locating a man who assaulted a man Monday on Meadows Lane.
The victim told police he was at his car in the 100 block of Meadows Lane NE between 7 and 7:30 p.m. when he was approached by an unknown man.
The man said to the victim “give me your money” and then struck him several times with a blunt object, according to reports.
The victim shoved the suspect who then ran from the area. The suspect was wearing a black hoodie style sweatshirt and dark pants. He was described as Hispanic with a light complexion, 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 3 inches tall, with long, wavy, slicked back hair.
The victim received minor injuries in the incident. He was treated and released from the Loudoun Inova Cornwall Emergency Room the same evening.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to call the Leesburg Police Department at 703-771-4500. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call the Leesburg Crime Line at 703-443-TIPS (8477). Or callers can use TIPSUBMIT by smart phone or online. Links to TIPSUBMIT can be found at http://www.leesburgva.gov/index.aspx?page=135 .
Be the first to post a comment!
- Village at Leesburg gets makeover
- More costs, delays for Metro’s Silver Line to Loudoun
- Wason Center poll: Jeb Bush surpasses Hillary Clinton in Virginia
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations