Leesburg woman struck by Loudoun County Public Schools vehicle
The driver of a Loudoun County Public Schools waste management vehicle was cited Jan. 25 after he struck a 38-year-old woman who was attempting to cross near the intersection of Plaza Street and Cattail Lane in Leesburg.
Michael L. Reed, of Harpers Ferry, W.Va. was issued a summons for failure to yield the right of way for a pedestrian within a crosswalk.
According to a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office report, Reed was making his normal rounds about 6:13 a.m. when the incident occurred.
The Leesburg woman was on her way to work at the time of the crash and walked into the cross walk at the time the truck was turning left. The contact caused the woman to fall forward to the ground. She was taken to the emergency room of Inova Loudoun Hospital at Cornwall and released a short time later.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Man who firebombed Loudoun Corrections building arrested on federal charges
- Leesburg Police searching for truck involved in July 29 hit and run
- No strike, no contract at Verizon
- Chantilly man found with arsenal to prepare for ‘zombie apocalypse’ sentenced to 23 years
- Purcellville man struck by vehicle during traffic stop
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.