Leesburg woman struck by Loudoun County Public Schools vehicle
The driver of a Loudoun County Public Schools waste management vehicle was cited Jan. 25 after he struck a 38-year-old woman who was attempting to cross near the intersection of Plaza Street and Cattail Lane in Leesburg.
Michael L. Reed, of Harpers Ferry, W.Va. was issued a summons for failure to yield the right of way for a pedestrian within a crosswalk.
According to a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office report, Reed was making his normal rounds about 6:13 a.m. when the incident occurred.
The Leesburg woman was on her way to work at the time of the crash and walked into the cross walk at the time the truck was turning left. The contact caused the woman to fall forward to the ground. She was taken to the emergency room of Inova Loudoun Hospital at Cornwall and released a short time later.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’