Letourneau named vice president of regional COG
Loudoun County Supervisor Matt Letourneau (R-Dulles) has been named the vice president of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG).
Letourneau is joined by Loudoun Board of Supervisors Scott York (R-At Large) on the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments.
“I look forward to taking a more active role in the leadership of COG,” Letourneau said in a prepared statement. “COG has an important role to play in bringing together elected leaders from jurisdictions across the reagion. Increasing Loudoun’s role in regional discussions about transportation and other important issues will only serve to benefit our residents ...”
The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments is an independent, nonprofit association providing a forum for area officials to address regional concerns. It’s comprised of 300 elected officials from 22 local governments.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
- Leesburg Police Department looking for tipster No. 168
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.