LINK charity distributes food
The LINK charity gave thousands of pounds of food to families in need from Sterling, Ashburn and Herndon the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
LINK collected 36,000 pounds of food through the Boy Scouts’ Scouting for Food program and had another 15,000 pounds of food left over from past efforts to give out to families.
About 400 families registered to receive food at Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church in Sterling Nov. 17, and a line of additional families seeking the week’s worth of food extended to the parking lot. Another 400 families were also registered to pick up food at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Herndon, and coats were available at Sterling United Methodist Church.
Several hundred LINK volunteers helped with the distribution events throughout the day.
- More costs, delays for Metro’s Silver Line to Loudoun
- Wason Center poll: Jeb Bush surpasses Hillary Clinton in Virginia
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter