LINK charity distributes food
The LINK charity gave thousands of pounds of food to families in need from Sterling, Ashburn and Herndon the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
LINK collected 36,000 pounds of food through the Boy Scouts’ Scouting for Food program and had another 15,000 pounds of food left over from past efforts to give out to families.
About 400 families registered to receive food at Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church in Sterling Nov. 17, and a line of additional families seeking the week’s worth of food extended to the parking lot. Another 400 families were also registered to pick up food at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Herndon, and coats were available at Sterling United Methodist Church.
Several hundred LINK volunteers helped with the distribution events throughout the day.
- Great night to be a Viking: Valley wins three Conference 28 championships
- Group focuses on ‘Building the new Northern Virginia economy’
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child