LINK charity distributes food
The LINK charity gave thousands of pounds of food to families in need from Sterling, Ashburn and Herndon the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
LINK collected 36,000 pounds of food through the Boy Scouts’ Scouting for Food program and had another 15,000 pounds of food left over from past efforts to give out to families.
About 400 families registered to receive food at Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church in Sterling Nov. 17, and a line of additional families seeking the week’s worth of food extended to the parking lot. Another 400 families were also registered to pick up food at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Herndon, and coats were available at Sterling United Methodist Church.
Several hundred LINK volunteers helped with the distribution events throughout the day.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Leesburg man receives maximum sentence for second-degree murder
- Loudoun home inventory indicates balance
- Gloucester Parkway extension to open Aug. 4
- In stump-style speech, AG Herring touts accomplishments, rips Republicans
- Dulles-based Orbital ATK supports secret satellite launch for national security mission