Local Girl Scout a winner in national PSA contest
When President Obama is sworn in for a second time, he’ll have a representative of yet another organization holding him to a high standard – Hareem Abdullah, a 14-year-old Girl Scout from Sterling.
Hareem is one of two winners in the “Dear Mr. President Girl Scouts Speak Out” public service announcement national contest.
Hareem got 3,556 votes for her PSA, more than any other contestant.
“There are some girls who are opting out leadership, and Mr. President we have to take action!” Hareem says in the PSA. “We have to support these girls by making sure they have to look up when they need help!”
More than 10,000 girls participated in the contest, according to the Girl Scouts and Hareem was voted on as one of the finalists in October.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Sen. Jim Webb forms exploratory committee for White House
- 2015 Future Leaders Scholarship Award
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center