Local Girl Scout a winner in national PSA contest
When President Obama is sworn in for a second time, he’ll have a representative of yet another organization holding him to a high standard – Hareem Abdullah, a 14-year-old Girl Scout from Sterling.
Hareem is one of two winners in the “Dear Mr. President Girl Scouts Speak Out” public service announcement national contest.
Hareem got 3,556 votes for her PSA, more than any other contestant.
“There are some girls who are opting out leadership, and Mr. President we have to take action!” Hareem says in the PSA. “We have to support these girls by making sure they have to look up when they need help!”
More than 10,000 girls participated in the contest, according to the Girl Scouts and Hareem was voted on as one of the finalists in October.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Redskins-themed restaurant and sports bar to open in One Loudoun
- Allder School Road in Purcellville closed for three weeks
- School leaders present options to ease overcrowding at Mercer Middle School
- WEATHER ALERT: Winter Advisory issued for Friday evening; icy conditions likely
- Loudoun deputies seek public’s help in finding missing Leesburg man