Local Girl Scout a winner in national PSA contest
When President Obama is sworn in for a second time, he’ll have a representative of yet another organization holding him to a high standard – Hareem Abdullah, a 14-year-old Girl Scout from Sterling.
Hareem is one of two winners in the “Dear Mr. President Girl Scouts Speak Out” public service announcement national contest.
Hareem got 3,556 votes for her PSA, more than any other contestant.
“There are some girls who are opting out leadership, and Mr. President we have to take action!” Hareem says in the PSA. “We have to support these girls by making sure they have to look up when they need help!”
More than 10,000 girls participated in the contest, according to the Girl Scouts and Hareem was voted on as one of the finalists in October.
Be the first to post a comment!
- 5 things to know about Loudoun’s newest winery: 50 West Vineyards
- Loudoun slave cemetery dedication marks journey to healing for Lansdowne group
- A treasure trove for bargains benefiting Inova Loudoun Hospital
- Village at Leesburg fire displaces employees, residents
- One Loudoun, VIP lawsuit continued in light of CEO’s throat cancer
|Hi 76°||Hi 64°|
|Lo 50°||Lo 46°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.