Local librarian honored with national recognition
The director of children's services at the Gum Spring Library in South Riding, Heather Ketron, has been awarded the 2012 Scholastic Library Publishing Award by the American Library Association.
The annual award is given to a libararian whos “extraordinary contribution so promoting access to books and encouraging a love of reading for lifelong learning exemplifies outstanding achievement in the profession,” according to the Loudoun County public information office.
Ketron will receive a $1,000 prize and honored during the American Library Association Annual Conference, held in Chicago in June.
Be the first to post a comment!
- As Purcellville awaits final report, outrage grows over youth’s shooting
- EDITORIAL: It’s what we don’t know that can hurt us
- Gerald Rubin and Janelia Farm the focus at Chamber luncheon
- The English Beat: A three-decade long punk-reggae party
- Loudoun Valley High School ex-head football coach files grievance