Local librarian honored with national recognition
The director of children's services at the Gum Spring Library in South Riding, Heather Ketron, has been awarded the 2012 Scholastic Library Publishing Award by the American Library Association.
The annual award is given to a libararian whos “extraordinary contribution so promoting access to books and encouraging a love of reading for lifelong learning exemplifies outstanding achievement in the profession,” according to the Loudoun County public information office.
Ketron will receive a $1,000 prize and honored during the American Library Association Annual Conference, held in Chicago in June.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Trump campaign chairman in Virginia to run for governor
- As Purcellville confronts more growth, mayor and council races turn contentious
- Significant premium hikes expected under Obama health law—especially in Va.