Local librarian honored with national recognition
The director of children's services at the Gum Spring Library in South Riding, Heather Ketron, has been awarded the 2012 Scholastic Library Publishing Award by the American Library Association.
The annual award is given to a libararian whos “extraordinary contribution so promoting access to books and encouraging a love of reading for lifelong learning exemplifies outstanding achievement in the profession,” according to the Loudoun County public information office.
Ketron will receive a $1,000 prize and honored during the American Library Association Annual Conference, held in Chicago in June.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Simms, Dungy likely not to use ‘Redskins’ on TV
- The Beer Joint to open as man cave complete with “Bavarian Girls Next Door”
- Race for Virginia’s 10th: Debate set, endorsements touted
- Hillsboro charter hopeful: school choice the name of the game
- Only natural gas filling station in Northern Virginia hits Loudoun