Local librarian honored with national recognition
The director of children's services at the Gum Spring Library in South Riding, Heather Ketron, has been awarded the 2012 Scholastic Library Publishing Award by the American Library Association.
The annual award is given to a libararian whos “extraordinary contribution so promoting access to books and encouraging a love of reading for lifelong learning exemplifies outstanding achievement in the profession,” according to the Loudoun County public information office.
Ketron will receive a $1,000 prize and honored during the American Library Association Annual Conference, held in Chicago in June.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Leesburg photographer launches a dress line with Kickstarter campaign
- Ashburn’s Jason Sturm set to defend World Cup championship title
- Supervisors refuse to conduct $75,000 indoor sports facility study
- Caulkins Jewelers honors its roots after 60 years
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.