UPDATED: Loudoun County school bus involved in accident with facilities truck
According to Wayde Byard, public information officer for the school system, Bus 377 was traveling down Sycolin Road toward the overpass when it rear-ended a Loudoun County Public Schools facilities truck.
One occupant of the truck was taken to Fairfax Inova Hospital with a head injury and a second occupant was taken to the Inova Cornwall Emergency Room as well for further evaluation of non-life-threatening injuries. The bus driver was not reported to be injured.
There were no children on the school bus.
After investigation of the incident, the driver of the bus was determined to be at fault, according to Leesburg Police. Ali Saghafi, 69, of Leesburg, was charged with reckless driving.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Redskins’ Pierre Garçon surprises Loudoun County ‘Teacher of the Year’
- Community Foundation’s 24-hour “Give Choose” campaign to be held Tuesday
- Loudoun students raise awareness about water access in West Africa