UPDATED: Loudoun County school bus involved in accident with facilities truck
According to Wayde Byard, public information officer for the school system, Bus 377 was traveling down Sycolin Road toward the overpass when it rear-ended a Loudoun County Public Schools facilities truck.
One occupant of the truck was taken to Fairfax Inova Hospital with a head injury and a second occupant was taken to the Inova Cornwall Emergency Room as well for further evaluation of non-life-threatening injuries. The bus driver was not reported to be injured.
There were no children on the school bus.
After investigation of the incident, the driver of the bus was determined to be at fault, according to Leesburg Police. Ali Saghafi, 69, of Leesburg, was charged with reckless driving.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Trump praises the CIA, bristles over inaugural crowd counts on first full day in office
- Loudoun County supervisors defer One Loudoun’s park and ride proposal
- Two dead after Sunday morning crash in Loudoun County
- MORE: Scenes from the Women’s March on Washington
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.