UPDATED: Loudoun County school bus involved in accident with facilities truck
According to Wayde Byard, public information officer for the school system, Bus 377 was traveling down Sycolin Road toward the overpass when it rear-ended a Loudoun County Public Schools facilities truck.
One occupant of the truck was taken to Fairfax Inova Hospital with a head injury and a second occupant was taken to the Inova Cornwall Emergency Room as well for further evaluation of non-life-threatening injuries. The bus driver was not reported to be injured.
There were no children on the school bus.
After investigation of the incident, the driver of the bus was determined to be at fault, according to Leesburg Police. Ali Saghafi, 69, of Leesburg, was charged with reckless driving.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two charged with attempted murder in Lansdowne
- MORE: Virginia Senate committee defeats gun control proposals
- Preschool and kindergarten school teaches arts early in new building
- Competition for in-state admission remains stiff at Va. universities
- Brambleton rezonings pass Loudoun board; new houses and $35M in improvements coming