Lovettsville man injured in DUI crash
A Lovettsville man was injured in a crash Thursday and later charged with DUI after authorities said he lost control of his vehicle on Harmony Church Road in Leesburg.
Matthew C. Lyerly, 26, was driving a 2004 Chevy Tracker east on Route 704 about 4:07 p.m. when he traveled around a curve and went off the south side of the road for unknown reasons.
The vehicle then struck two road signs and came to a stop down in an embankment, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
Lyerly was airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital where he was listed in critical, but stable condition.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Micro and farm breweries poised to boom in Loudoun
- EDITORIAL: A Thanksgiving party to grow hops, not houses
- Men used sledgehammer to smash counter at Dulles jewelry store; high-priced watches stolen
- Gov. McAuliffe says Virginia economy ‘perilous’
- New minimum wage legislation faces tough road in 2015