Lovettsville man injured in DUI crash
A Lovettsville man was injured in a crash Thursday and later charged with DUI after authorities said he lost control of his vehicle on Harmony Church Road in Leesburg.
Matthew C. Lyerly, 26, was driving a 2004 Chevy Tracker east on Route 704 about 4:07 p.m. when he traveled around a curve and went off the south side of the road for unknown reasons.
The vehicle then struck two road signs and came to a stop down in an embankment, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
Lyerly was airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital where he was listed in critical, but stable condition.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget
- McAuliffe orders alcohol agents retrained after U-Va. arrest
- Loudoun deputies ask public for information about alleged Calvary Temple sexual assault
- Suspension rates, achievement gap high for Loudoun’s minority students