Lovettsville man injured in DUI crash
A Lovettsville man was injured in a crash Thursday and later charged with DUI after authorities said he lost control of his vehicle on Harmony Church Road in Leesburg.
Matthew C. Lyerly, 26, was driving a 2004 Chevy Tracker east on Route 704 about 4:07 p.m. when he traveled around a curve and went off the south side of the road for unknown reasons.
The vehicle then struck two road signs and came to a stop down in an embankment, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
Lyerly was airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital where he was listed in critical, but stable condition.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun deputy won’t face charges in accidental shooting of teen daughter
- Ashburn man charged with involuntary manslaughter following car surfing incident
- Bob McDonnell’s sister details communication woes
- George Mason comes to Loudoun; provides more education options
- Leesburg girl takes fencing to the hilt