Lovettsville man injured in DUI crash
A Lovettsville man was injured in a crash Thursday and later charged with DUI after authorities said he lost control of his vehicle on Harmony Church Road in Leesburg.
Matthew C. Lyerly, 26, was driving a 2004 Chevy Tracker east on Route 704 about 4:07 p.m. when he traveled around a curve and went off the south side of the road for unknown reasons.
The vehicle then struck two road signs and came to a stop down in an embankment, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
Lyerly was airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital where he was listed in critical, but stable condition.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun School Board approves budget worth $1.3 million more than initial proposal
- Leesburg man sentenced to nine years for child molestation
- Sterling man accused in murder-for-hire plot denied bond; has ties to KKK
- Va. senators from Loudoun band together for breastfeeding bill
- Psych services struggle to keep up in growing Loudoun County