Lovettsville man injured in DUI crash
A Lovettsville man was injured in a crash Thursday and later charged with DUI after authorities said he lost control of his vehicle on Harmony Church Road in Leesburg.
Matthew C. Lyerly, 26, was driving a 2004 Chevy Tracker east on Route 704 about 4:07 p.m. when he traveled around a curve and went off the south side of the road for unknown reasons.
The vehicle then struck two road signs and came to a stop down in an embankment, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
Lyerly was airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital where he was listed in critical, but stable condition.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun could play role in DC’s Olympic bid
- Leesburg Police responded to more than 4,600 calls for service in July
- Comstock, Foust take 10th District debate stage Wednesday
- Partisanship an issue at Warner-Gillespie forum
- Sterling man charged in fatal drunk driving case among 49 indicted by grand jury