Lovettsville’s Walker Pavilion under construction
Located on the Town Green, Lovettsville's Town Council chose to name the pavilion for Walker, who retired from office in May.
With a contract in place with construction firm Fuog and Interbuild out of Purcellville, the design has been completed. Town officials are planning on finishing the project in time for Mayfest 2013. The pavilion will also be used for community gatherings and the annual Movies on the Green summer events. There are hopes it may become a venue for the Bluemont Concert Series at some point as well.
The pavilion is proposed to be a wood structure, open on three sides with a metal roof. It will be located in the western end of the Town Green facing into the park area.
Going along with the town's heritage, the pavilion will be constructed with the intention for it to have a German flavor while also blending in with the homes facing on the green.
A ribbon cutting ceremony for the pavilion is tentatively scheduled for May 24. Everyone is encouraged to attend the celebration.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Sources: Gov. Mike Pence, Trump’s VP pick, to appear in Loudoun County Saturday
- Comprehensive plan stakeholders committee tour Loudoun as they get to work on new plan
- ‘Moms 4 Trump’ display anger, vitriol toward Clinton in Loudoun County
- Voting rights restored again for 13K felons in Virginia
- Coton and Rye tavern to open at Lansdowne Resort and Spa this fall
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.