Lovettsville’s Walker Pavilion under construction
Located on the Town Green, Lovettsville's Town Council chose to name the pavilion for Walker, who retired from office in May.
With a contract in place with construction firm Fuog and Interbuild out of Purcellville, the design has been completed. Town officials are planning on finishing the project in time for Mayfest 2013. The pavilion will also be used for community gatherings and the annual Movies on the Green summer events. There are hopes it may become a venue for the Bluemont Concert Series at some point as well.
The pavilion is proposed to be a wood structure, open on three sides with a metal roof. It will be located in the western end of the Town Green facing into the park area.
Going along with the town's heritage, the pavilion will be constructed with the intention for it to have a German flavor while also blending in with the homes facing on the green.
A ribbon cutting ceremony for the pavilion is tentatively scheduled for May 24. Everyone is encouraged to attend the celebration.
- Beaverdam Creek Reservoir to temporarily reopen June 1
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal