Lovettsville’s Walker Pavilion under construction
Located on the Town Green, Lovettsville's Town Council chose to name the pavilion for Walker, who retired from office in May.
With a contract in place with construction firm Fuog and Interbuild out of Purcellville, the design has been completed. Town officials are planning on finishing the project in time for Mayfest 2013. The pavilion will also be used for community gatherings and the annual Movies on the Green summer events. There are hopes it may become a venue for the Bluemont Concert Series at some point as well.
The pavilion is proposed to be a wood structure, open on three sides with a metal roof. It will be located in the western end of the Town Green facing into the park area.
Going along with the town's heritage, the pavilion will be constructed with the intention for it to have a German flavor while also blending in with the homes facing on the green.
A ribbon cutting ceremony for the pavilion is tentatively scheduled for May 24. Everyone is encouraged to attend the celebration.
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’