LSCO Internet Safety Course tonight at Briar Woods High School
Topics that will be discussed: Social networking, sexting/texting, cellphone technology and features, laptops vs. desktop PC’s, current trends, predatory behaviors, PC and console gaming and monitoring techniques.
The next class will be held at 7 p.m. Feb. 11 at Briar Woods High School. This is part II of the session held at this school. Below is a list of the upcoming Internet safety courses being taught by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Adult Crime Prevention Unit:
• Loudoun Valley High School, 7 p.m. March 5, part I
• Loudoun Valley High School, 7 p.m. March 6, part II
• Potomac Falls High School, 6:30 p.m. March 18, part I
• Potomac Falls High School, 6:30 p.m. March 19, part II
Also available at the classes will be the ComputerCop, a computer software program that allows parents to view and permanently delete potentially harmful images and information that have been downloaded on any home computer (Windows Only). The free software is easy to install and gives parents an added safeguard to make sure their children are using the Internet safely and responsibly.
If you are unable to attend an upcoming class, copies of the ComputerCop program will be available on a first come-first serve basis at the following locations: Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Administration Building, 880 Harrison St. SE, Leesburg; the Dulles South Public Safety Center, 25216 Loudoun Parkway, South Riding; the Eastern Loudoun Station, 46620 E. Frederick Drive, Sterling (adjacent to Rolling Ridge Elementary School); and the University Station, 45299 Research Place, Suite 100, Ashburn.
To learn more about upcoming classes and events held by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, visit http://sheriff.loudoun.gov/lcsocalendar .
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun Education Alliance of Parents to discuss student suicide, gang activity this school year
- Gillespie, Fiorina hit economic message in Ashburn
- Report: Woman sexually assaulted on W&OD Trail near Sterling Boulevard
- Hillsboro Charter Academy prepares for its first school year
- MORE: Gov. Mike Pence, Trump’s VP pick, to appear in Loudoun County Saturday
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.